Electro / Pneumatic Press versus Hydraulic Press
- An electric press draws current (amps) only if press moves, where as a hydraulic unit runs all the time generating heat and noise. An electric press saves on utility costs.
- An electric press never leaks and never contaminates product or production environment.
- The electric press principle requires almost no maintenance except occasional greasing of ball screw assemblies. No tightening of fittings, filter cleaning or oil changes typical with hydraulic presses.
- Press cycle with platen stroke, platen tilt, speeds, acceleration and deceleration rates is programmable with electric press. Once a tool specific program has been established it is saved and can be called up month later again without any additional new set-up, readjusting, etc required with hydraulic presses.
- An electric press, once programmed runs always the same, unlike again a hydraulic press that will run jerky if oil is cold or tool weight has changed.
- Foot print of electric press is smaller since no hydraulic unit needed.
- An electro/pneumatic press provides for even clamping pressure distribution via air bags and such eliminates the otherwise typical opening up of a gap in the middle of a tool and related material flash issues like lost material, need for overfilling tool, rework of part, etc.
Please contact us with any of you questions, we will arrange to have a salesman meet with you to discuss any of your questions or concerns and help to customize a system to the requirements needed for your product.